spoon

Latest Adventures

California Pizza Kitchen, Chino Hills

0

Category :

On a recent date with my little boy, we went to our usual spot, also known as California Pizza Kitchen, conveniently located at the Shoppes in Chino Hills. We get to spend some one-on-one time together, plus eat some pretty good food, so I always look forward to these dates.

That night, I found out that CPK now features a "Small Cravings" menu, which are smaller portions of appetizers that won't break the bank. Since I was feeling a little bold, I decided to try the Crispy Artichoke Hearts, something I've never had before. Don't get me wrong, I've had Spinach and Artichoke Dip before, I've just never had a dish where artichokes were the star. These were artichoke hearts breaded using Panko crumbs, fried, and served with a remoulade. Having never had this before, I thought they were pretty good, the breading was crunchy, and the artichokes were tender. I thought that the remoulade somewhat resembled a mustard, which was okay, but nothing spectacular. But what blew me away was the fact that the boy who doesn't eat veggies actually ate a few artichokes with me.

Next up was my usual entreé, the Tequila Lime Fettucine, a signature CPK dish. It's spinach fettucine tossed with red, yellow and green peppers, red onions, grilled chicken breast in a jalapeno cream sauce. It is easily one of my CPK favorites because the flavors jump in your mouth. There is a contrast between the tart lime and the sweetness of the cream, plus the spiciness from the jalapeno. The soft noodles is contrasted by the crunchy peppers. It is a good flavor profile overall.
I love coming to CPK because it has many great dishes to choose from. Although I tend to choose pastas over pizza, I would highly recommend trying a few of their creations. You won't be disappointed.

California Pizza Kitchen, 3505 Grand Avenue, Chino Hills
http://www.cpk.com/

0 comments: