spoon

Latest Adventures

Lucques, West Hollywood

0

Category :

For DineLA many moons ago, we visited Lucques for lunch. Lucques is owned by renowned chef Suzanne Goin, and is located on Melrose, close to La Cienega. I liked the atmosphere at Lucques; it was sophisticated, yet homey.

 House bread, almonds and olives, served with butter and sea salt (I think).

 Corn soup with poblano peppers and pepitas - savory and comforting with a little kick. Chief complaint? Not enough.

 Fall fruit salad served with prosciutto, walnuts and saba - I didn't try it, since it was Boogs's choice, and the only indication I had that he liked it was an empty plate.

 Polenta with summer squash, salsa verde, pecorino and breadcrumbs - I decided to go the vegetarian route, and it turned out well for me. Tasted good, and felt healthy.

 Grape leaf wrapped trout with green rice, nasturtiums and dill yogurt - Boogs's entree choice, and he raved about it. I thought the green rice was good, and the fish was well cooked, but to me, it was simply an "ok" dish.

 Bittersweet chocolate tart with crushed honeycomb and coffee ice cream - my dessert choice, and it was yummy and rich. I'm down for coffee ice cream anytime.

Vanilla semifreddo with Gaviota strawberries and almond croustine - I loved this dessert. The combined flavors and textures of vanilla, strawberry and almond worked so well together. Too bad Boogs didn't want to share too much.

Lucques Restaurant, 8474 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles

0 comments: