spoon

Latest Adventures

BOKA Kitchen + Bar, Seattle

0

Category :

We spent Sunday breakfast at BOKA Kitchen + Bar in Downtown Seattle, just a few blocks from our hotel. It has a cool, hip ambiance even for breakfast, and I imagine it to be "the happening" place around happy hour. Incidentally, they have a very promising happy hour menu, which I would love to check out one day.

We ordered the following items:

 Buttermilk pancakes, served with fresh berries and topped with powdered sugar

Monte Cristo  - battered brioche with sliced kurobota ham, gruyere cheese, house strawberry and jalapeno preserves

French Toast - croissant dipped in custard, infused with maple syrup and served atop berry sauce and sweet cream 

I wasn't a fan of the Monte Cristo; the berry sauce was a little too overpowering for me. The pancakes were standard breakfast food, nothing spectacular. My favorite was the Croissant French Toast, but only because of the sweet cream. Overall, a pleasant experience; I'd love to try their more substantial fare someday.

BOKA Kitchen + Bar, 1010 First Avenue, Seattle

0 comments: