spoon

Latest Adventures

Zono Sushi, Burbank

0

Category :

Went to lunch with a couple of work friends one day, and we ended up at Zono Sushi in Burbank. They have a great lunch menu, with choices ranging from edamame to Chilean sea bass. All for under $10.

Zono offers a 2-item lunch special that is served with miso soup, salad and rice. If you know that Chilean sea bass is my absolute favorite fish, then that selection was definitely a no-brainer. I also got a California roll as my second item. The Chilean sea bass was such a delectable piece of seafood, perfectly seasoned, good to the last bite. The California roll was also really good, exactly the way a good California roll should taste. The salad was also pretty tasty, although I thought there was too much mayonnaise in the dressing. Another added treat was the vegetable fritter, julienned carrot and zucchini in egg batter and fried to golden perfection.

We also ordered a Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura, which was really good also, however, I must stay faithful to AOI's version as the best around.


  
We tried the Spider Roll, which is essentially a California roll, but includes a fried soft shell crab. It made me wish that I wasn't that full, or I would've definitely had more than half a piece. The soft shell crab was lightly battered and fried, and it had good seasoning - spicy salt and pepper.

This was a great lunch that ended up being a treat, and I would definitely come back.

Zono Sushi, 610 N. First Street, Burbank
http://www.zonosushi.com/

0 comments: